The MARTEC18 program will be covered and elaborated through the following five session topics
- Advances on-board: Innovative gears and identification/quantification of the total catch.
- Data management and processing: Definition of an efficient modelling of fishing activity and new policies for resources assessment.
- Solutions in land: Innovative management solutions for the landing obligation compliance.
- Environmental and socio-economic implications: Socio-economic costs and impacts of implementation of the LO and discard ban policies
- The future of the fishing sector: Threats and opportunities beyond 2019. Round table with experts.
Oral and poster abstracts are now invited on these topics.
One page abstracts (maximum 300 words) should be submitted by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can find a template to prepare your abstracts here.
Successfully submitted abstracts will be acknowledged with an electronic receipt including an abstract reference number, which should be quoted in all correspondence. Allow at least 6 hours for your receipt to be returned to you.
Once the abstract is accepted, at least one of the authors must register for before 16 February 2017 and present at the conference.
All authors who register for the conference may have their article considered for publication in an Special Issue of Marine Policy (an Elsevier journal). Acceptance of a paper for conference presentation does not guarantee subsequent acceptance for journal publication.
Abstracts of all accepted contributions will be included within the online abstract system which will be distributed to all registered conference participants.
For revisions or queries regarding papers already submitted:
If you do not receive acknowledgement for your abstract submission or you wish to make any essential revisions to an abstract already submitted, please DO NOT RESUBMIT your abstract, as this may lead to duplication. Please email email@example.com with details of any revisions or queries. Please quote your reference number if you have one.